Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips - DudeFoods.com - Food Recipes & Videos (2024)

Tired of getting your Doritos fix straight from the bag in chip form or through Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell? Well, then why not try breading some homemade chicken strips with them?

The best part about homemade chicken strips is that they’re one of the easiest snacks you can possibly make, and aside from maybe undercooking them and giving you and your entire family salmonella poisoning there’s really no possibly way to screw them up!

Want to make some of your own? Here’s what you’ll need and how to do it!

Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips - DudeFoods.com - Food Recipes & Videos (5)

Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips Recipe

Nick @ DudeFoods.com

Regular chicken strips are boring, but do you know what isn't boring? Chicken strips that are breaded in Doritos!

5 from 1 vote

• 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk

Instructions

Keyword chicken

29 Comments on Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips

1. Jym

January 27, 2014 at 4:40 pm (10 years ago)

BRILLIANT!

2. Jonathon

January 28, 2014 at 9:03 am (10 years ago)

Looks delicious. I have all the ingredients except for chicken.

• Yonathon

January 29, 2014 at 7:30 pm (10 years ago)

thanks for letting everyone know

• OprahsDarkPast

May 19, 2020 at 1:50 pm (4 years ago)

Thanks for letting everyone know that you appreciate them letting everyone know.

• Anthony

February 7, 2021 at 8:37 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for taking the time, 6 years later, to let everyone know that you know that this chain is ridiculous. (Albeit, a bit humorous).

• Cory

May 27, 2023 at 3:35 pm (10 months ago)

I wonder if he ever got his chicken. So thankful he let us know and the everyone is so appreciative.

3. Lou

January 29, 2014 at 7:29 pm (10 years ago)

Dipping sauce recommendations?

• Nick

January 30, 2014 at 7:13 am (10 years ago)

I’m pretty partial to ranch dressing.

4. Jeff

February 1, 2014 at 11:01 am (10 years ago)

Just in time for Superbowl!

5. Brooke

March 31, 2014 at 9:23 am (10 years ago)

I made this last night and the doritos lost all their flavor, any tips?

• Nick

March 31, 2014 at 9:25 am (10 years ago)

The only thing I can really suggest is to dip each one in the egg and then the crushed up Doritos a few times, just to make sure that the Doritos are really clumped on there. More Doritos = More flavor.

6. Kylee

August 1, 2014 at 7:00 pm (10 years ago)

I’m making these tonight with Jalapeño Cheddar Doritos! Hope they rock!

7. Mike

August 27, 2014 at 2:50 am (10 years ago)

Just tried this tonight but I have a few questions. I don’t normally cook (usually its something simple that only involves frying) but is there a trick to baking juicy chicken? Mine came out a bit dry. And second, I couldn’t really taste the doritos flavor. I turned the doritos into pretty much powder and coated the chicken enough but the flavor didn’t really pop, any advice? If you answer thanks in advance!

• Nick Chipman

August 27, 2014 at 8:24 am (10 years ago)

You could always marinate it to make it more juicy. As far as not being able to taste the Doritos very much you could either just not crush them up into such a fine powder or just do a couple coats of Doritos on the chicken strips.

• kevin

May 12, 2017 at 12:24 am (7 years ago)

you need a meat thermometer you probably over cooked them.

8. mistie

September 23, 2014 at 4:53 pm (10 years ago)

Ive made this for boys and husband before but I also used bread crumbs and some shredded cheddar cheese…. AAAMAZING!!! They all LOVED IT!!

9. Suzy

October 26, 2014 at 6:38 pm (9 years ago)

I brined the chicken for 3 hours. Also, I added taco seasoning to the flour mixture. This helped bring out the Nacho taste. My family loved them.

10. Amanda

October 12, 2016 at 9:03 pm (7 years ago)

Making them for my boyfriend pray they turn out right

• Tanya

November 11, 2016 at 11:32 pm (7 years ago)

Gonna do that for mine soon too ?

11. kevin

May 12, 2017 at 12:21 am (7 years ago)

anyone tried frying instead of baking. which did you think was better

• Rick

November 9, 2017 at 2:11 am (6 years ago)

Yes , I was thinking the same thing . I would rather fry them , but not sure if it would work .

• Danielle

April 24, 2018 at 3:58 pm (6 years ago)

I fried them instead of baked and they turned out great

12. Tina

March 23, 2019 at 3:35 am (5 years ago)

Can u deep fat fry the chicken goujons instead of baking in the oven

• Nick

March 23, 2019 at 11:40 am (5 years ago)

Yeah, you could definitely deep fry them!

13. Mike

December 2, 2019 at 7:46 pm (4 years ago)

I believe that they taste better fried. Thay had more flavor and didn’t loose the taste.

14. ArcadeNameWasALX

January 9, 2020 at 5:19 pm (4 years ago)

Also don’t crush the Doritos into such a fine powder.

15. Rebecca

July 18, 2020 at 10:23 pm (4 years ago)

This was good. I added a pouch of taco seasoning to the crushed doritos and it helped add more flavor. I also fried them in a little bit of oil on the stove top. They came out very juicy and crispy. I’ve seen in the past where some people have marinated the chicken in salsa before breading with the doritos.

16. Sonja

April 20, 2022 at 6:13 am (2 years ago)

Doritos Crusted Chicken Strips - DudeFoods.com - Food Recipes & Videos (6)
    This was great. My 10 year old son asked me to make a meal like this for him so I searched for a recipe that I could use as a reference. I came across this one and it was a go. I made some in the oven and I pan fried some and it came out great. They were both tasty, juicy, and tender and everyone loved it. I will be making this dish again for sure. Thanks for this easy recipe.